Monday, November 23, 2009
For more recipes, email LivingToday@marthastewart.com and request Chef Woods' Thanksgiving recipes. For more information about Grande Lakes Orlando, visit www.grandelakes.com
1 pound Gala Apples (peeled, cored and chopped in small cubes)
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup simple syrup (1 part sugar, 2 part water)
1 table spoon of dark rum
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 dash of Ginger
½ vanila bean (just use the seeds scraped form the pod)
4 tablespoons white sugar
2 slices brown bread, crumbled
¼ cup toasted almond flour
1/2 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg (egg wash)
1. Boil the syrup, add rum and let soak the cranberries and the raisins ( if you can try to let soak for at least 24 hours)
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. In a bowl, combine apples, raisins, cranberries, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of sugar and the bread crumbs. Stir well.
4. Spread several sheets of pastry slightly with melted butter and lay them on atop the other on a baking sheet, sprinkle a little sugar in between as well. Spread the fruit mixture evenly over the top sheet, then roll the sheets up to form a log shape. Brush with melted butter again. Brush some egg wash for color and Sprinkle a nice line of sugar on top for decoration.
5. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and fruit is tender. Sprinkle a little snow sugar, decorate the tray with cinnamon sticks, fresh apples and spices.
Friday, November 20, 2009
** Deals for Lovebirds Planning to Elope, Escape or Renew**
Love is in the air! Just in time for JetBlue’s launch of direct flights from JFK airport to St. Lucia, The Landings St. Lucia, A RockResort, invites couples to celebrate their relationships…whether it means eloping on the beach, whisking away on a honeymoon adventure or renewing wedding vows under the stars. Each package offers a savings of 25 percent!
To find out more, click here
For more information about The Landings St. Lucia, please visit WWW.ROCKRESORTS.COM or call 877-657-ROCK (7625).
Friday, October 23, 2009
"It began with a commitment to preserve whatever we found, wherever we went." Thus begins the introduction to a new Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy Web site (www.akphilanthropy.org), which showcases opportunities for travellers to become involved with 50 pioneering projects worldwide.
Working through A&K's offices around the world, Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy identifies and supports proven grassroots organizations. Guests who want to give something back can contribute to one of these local projects with a tax-deductible donation which can be made directly through the secure AKP web site. 100% of all donations go directly to the chosen project. Guests traveling on many of A&K's small group escorted journeys, private Signature itineraries or Tailor Made programs can visit projects in person, learning more about their destination through the work of its most dedicated people.
Visit the new site at www.akphilanthropy.org to learn more.
Go from the slopes to the spa all in one day! After riding Jackson Hole’s famous terrain – and new Aerial Tram – treat yourself to a calming massage in the 17,000 square foot Avanyu Spa at Snake River Lodge & Spa. This winter, the “HoLIFTic Ski Package” combines adrenaline, relaxation and value for an unforgettable ski experience.
The new “HoLIFTic Ski Package” is available November 27, 2009 through April 5, 2010 and includes:
· Four nights accommodations
· Three full-day adult lift tickets for two people at Jackson Hole Mountain
· One 50-minute custom massage per adult per day at the Avanyu Spa (reservations must be made for before 2pm)
· Daily breakfast for two at gamefish restaurant
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
The holidays are around the corner and you can bet Guitar Hero and Rock Band will be on everyone’s lists. If you dismissed these games in the past, you can’t deny a little bit of curiosity when the new Guitar Hero, Beatles edition was announced.
But before you turn your living room into the second coming of the Ed Sullivan Show, The Ritz-Carlton, Naples is letting you take today’s hottest game for a test drive. Vue (virtual user experience) is the new sleek lounge at the resort where guests can kick back with the latest in technology and entertainment. Vue offers Mac stations, iPod docks, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Nintendo Wii, Playstation and more. And for guests who are new to this world, on-staff gamers act as your “roadies” as you discover your inner rock star.
Lay down your demo at the resort before splurging on the actual game. But keep in mind, if Guitar Hero is good enough for Yoko…
Click here for more info!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Hidden beneath the Royal Mile lies Edinburgh’s deepest secret: a warren of hidden ‘closes’ where real people lived, worked and died. For centuries they have lain forgotten and abandoned. Called Mary King's Close, the underground area is thought to be one of the most haunted places in Scotland. On Supernatural History Tour, urban myths and legends are examined, from the famous documented 'Satan's Invisible World' written in 1685, right through to sightings since its opening in 2003. Many have felt ghosts brush past their back in the close and during the tour you'll hear first hand evidence of alleged ghostly communications on the Close: www.realmarykingsclose.com
Thursday, October 15, 2009
The Aaron D. Cushman/Society of American Travel Writers Public Relations Awards honor those on the public relations side of the travel business who produce outstanding campaigns that help to bring attention to their hotel, destination or attraction clients.
Congratulations also to the Orlando/Orange County CVB for taking the silver in the “Most Creative Special Event” Category for AirTran YES to Orlando Airplane Unveiling.
Monday, October 5, 2009
The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Orlando, Grande Lakes, continues to incorporate innovative, natural and eco-friendly ways to provide guests with the ultimate in relaxation and rejuvenation. In keeping with this theme, the spa has introduced the Eco Garden Scrub Bar, an interactive spa experience that utilizes the existing outdoor eco- herb garden. The new Scrub Bar and dedicated spa Mixologist, will provide guests with a personalized learning experience. To concoct the scrub, the spa Mixologist will pick a variety of fresh herbs daily from the spa’s eco-garden, including lemongrass, chamomile, rosemary and peppermint to combine them with a blend of essential oils, depending on guests' needs. Himalayan salt or ground poultice is also added to the scrub to create the perfect polish, which leaves the skin soft and glowing. As an added value, guests will receive a recipe card to recreate their own scrub at home.
Guests choose their own mixture and combine it with any of the spa’s exfoliating body scrub treatments or pedicures on the menu. Or, they can use it in any of the three bathing rituals (Revitalize, Renew and Rejuvenate).
Scrub Bar Pricing:
* $15 to take the scrub to the spa shower or bathing ritual
* $30 for a small scrub for home care
* $45 for a large scrub for home care
*$65 for a gift set for homecare use, which includes a small body scrub, body butter, herbal bath sachet and recipe card
For more information about Grande Lakes Orlando, visit www.grandelakes.com
Friday, October 2, 2009
From October 19-31, Scotland’s breathtaking Highlands will come alive during the Highland Homecoming celebrations. Featuring more than 100 events – from street theater and vibrant storytelling to new musical compositions – visitors will find Scottish culture on full tap as part of the ongoing Homecoming Scotland 2009 festivities.
A last-minute value package from Lynott Tours let’s travelers take advantage of the picturesque fall season and Highland Homecoming festival.
Highland Homecoming package:
· Package offers a savings of more than 25% from Lynott’s standard brochure rates
· Pricing starts at $1,136 per person (air taxes of $190 apply)
· Round-trip airfare from Newark to Glasgow on Continental Airlines
· Six-nights (6) accommodations at your choice of 320 Scottish B&B’s
· Full Scottish breakfast daily
· Six-day standard rental-car with unlimited mileage
· Optional upgrade – spend one night in a castle for just $100 more
· Travel window October 19-31, 2009
To book call Lynott Tours at (800) 221-2474 or click here
For more information about Scotland and the Highland Homecoming, click here
Friday, September 18, 2009
Join in the action this November, as the world’s best golfers, including Tiger Woods, return to Melbourne for the Australian Masters. The newly created five-day, four-night “Golf Masters in Melbourne” package from Down Under Answers, is filled with plenty of activities for exploring Melbourne both on and off the fairways.
- Golf aficionados can watch the action unfold, and play some great golf of their own, with this exclusive offer starting at US$1,826 per person. The package includes:
- Two (2) nights Crown Promenade Hotel, Melbourne
- Two (2) nights Peppers Links Resort, Mornington Peninsula
- Private car transfer on arrival
- Two day car rental (automatic mid-sized car)
- Dinner aboard the 1940’s Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
- Two rounds of golf at Melbourne’s best courses -- 18 holes at both the Royal Melbourne Golf Course (known for lightening fast greens, cavernous bunkers and fairways lined by thick tea tree scrub) and The National Golf Course (boasting 3 championship courses including The Moonah designed by Greg Norman)
- Green fees, return private luxury transfers, pro shop check-in and tee off service, plus a starter kit (balls, tees, water bottle) are included in play
- Optional add-on to see Tiger Woods and Geoff Ogilvy play at the 2009Australian Masters from Nov 14-15 includes two (2) additional nights at the Crown Promenade Hotel, general admission tickets to the 2-day event and private coach transfers to/from Kingston Heath Golf Club daily. Cost US$578 per person.
- Booking/travel window: Now until November 13, 2009
- For more information or to book contact Down Under Answers: www.duatravel.com or 800-889-1464
- For more information on Melbourne and golf in Victoria, visit www.visitmelbourne.com
There are few things more beautiful than the changing of the leaves in autumn. Experience breathtaking nature firsthand this fall at each of its various west and southwest properties from Aspen, Colorado to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
The “Fall for Foliage” package offers guests a complimentary room upgrade in addition to a special welcome amenity. La Posada de Santa Fe in New Mexico will present guests with chips and fresh, homemade salsa upon arrival, whereas other mountain properties will provide a bottle of wine or an artisanal cheese plate for travelers to enjoy during their stay. Each resort package includes a unique activity, ranging from a scenic bike tour to view the autumn hues at The Lodge at Vail to a relaxing customized massage at Snake River Lodge & Spa in Jackson Hole.
The “Fall for Foliage” package is valid for travel now through October 31, 2009 with rates starting from just $125 per night based on double occupancy (rates and dates vary per property). Based on availability, blackout dates apply. In addition to the Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming RockResorts, this package is available at all Vail Resorts Hospitality locations.
To complement this seasonal package, RockResorts is launching an exclusive “Click and Pick” photo contest on RockResorts.com and Facebook. Guests who travel to a RockResort property this fall can show off their photography skills by uploading their best outdoor/scenic shots for a chance to win. The grand winner of the contest will receive a free trip to the RockResort of their choice. For additional details and to enter, please visit http://www.rockresorts.com/clickandpick
For more information or to book the “Fall for Foliage” package, visit WWW.ROCKRESORTS.COM/FALL or call 1-888-FOR-ROCK (888-367-7625).
Friday, September 11, 2009
Sanctuary Retreats consists of authentic and unique sanctuaries that have been designed in harmony with the surrounding environment. The collection is comprised of European Villas; Camps and Lodges in Africa, and three exclusive Cruising vessels (Sanctuary Yangtze Explorer in China, Sanctuary Nile Adventurer in Egypt and the MV Explorer that sails to the Galapagos Islands).
Atlantis, Paradise Island - the flagship resort of Kerzner International – is a unique, ocean-themed destination located on Paradise Island, The Bahamas. The latest attractions include AQUAVENTURE, a non-stop thrilling water experience, and Dolphin Cay which was created with the goal of enlightening visitors about the wonders of these remarkable ocean inhabitants.
Bal Harbour - located at the northern tip of Miami Beach, has long been considered South Florida’s most upscale shopping and dining destination. This enclave also offers one-of-a-kind accommodations right on the beach, including the new five-star ONE Bal Harbour, the St. Regis Bal Harbour (opening in 2011) and the classic, deco-style Sea View Hotel (perfect for families). Boasting the highest concentration of designer boutiques in the country, it’s also the #1 ranked shopping center in the United States and bustling South Beach scene just a 15-minute drive away.
Grand Teton Lodge Company - a brand within Vail Resorts Hospitality, is the concessioner in Grand Teton National Park operating the lodging, restaurants, tours and activities at Jackson Lake Lodge, Jenny Lake Lodge, Colter Bay Village, Jenny Lake and Gros Ventre campgrounds, as well as the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club, which is located just outside the park in Jackson Hole, Wyo.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Sunday, September 13, marks National Grandparents Day and what better way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of this holiday than with travel experiences that boldly declare how great it is to be grand!
One suggestion is to watch the action unfold…
The Grand Teton National Park offers an American safari-like wildlife experience! On a Grand Teton “safari” bear, elk, bald eagle and moose sightings delight by day and a variety of accommodations and gourmet meals await by night. The iconic Jenny Lake Lodge, the family-friendly Jackson Lake Lodge and the historic Colter Bay Village offer something for everyone.
Another option is to take part in the action!
The Adventure Course at Grande Lakes Orlando is a massive, multi-level, zip-line structure ideal for grandparents with an adventurous spirit and the desire to feel like a kid again! Gutsy grandparents can climb 15 to 55 feet and navigate through a course with numerous elements, platforms and a 40-foot giant swing.
For more information on Grand Teton National Park, visit www.gtlc.com. Additional details for the Grande Lakes Adventure Course and accommodations at Grande Lakes Orlando (consisting of The Ritz-Carlton and JW Marriott hotels) are available at www.grandelakes.com.
Monday, August 31, 2009
48-hour Twitter special at The Pines Lodge,
A RockResort in Beaver Creek, Colorado:
$89 per night at this luxury resort for tweeps who book before midnight on Wednesday, September 2, 2009.
Offer valid for travel now through November 23, 2009.
Take a Labor Day Weekend escape or book a fall trip to experience Rocky Mountain’s spectacular foliage! No minimum night stay required. Tax and resort fee not included. Blackout dates apply.
To book online, click here or call 866-232-8372 (between the hours of 7:00 am- 6:00 pm Mountain Daylight Time)
Friday, August 28, 2009
Abercrombie & Kent has announced a Price Assurance guarantee on hundreds of inspiring experiences in destinations worldwide. This includes all 2010 escorted tour programs in A&K’s Connoisseurs Series, Discovery Series, Explorer Series, Family Series, Signature Series and Extreme Adventures sold through Abercrombie & Kent USA, LLC.
A&K guarantees that if the price on your A&K journey goes down after making a reservation, they will refund you the difference.
“Travel Agents tell us that many of their clients are waiting to plan their holidays, hoping for a better price,” explains Abercrombie & Kent USA, LLC president Scott Wiseman. “With Abercrombie & Kent’s new Price Assurance guarantee, if the price on an A&K journey goes down after you book, we will refund the difference — guaranteed.”
2010 dates are now available for most destinations on Abercrombie & Kent’s web site. This includes Discovery Series small group escorted journeys to Egypt (11 days from $4895), Kenya (10 days from $4585) and Costa Rica (9 days from $3710).
With Abercrombie & Kent Price Assurance, clients will receive the best price on the departure they select, regardless of supplier incentives that may be offered at a later date. For more information, call 800.554.7094 or visit www.abercrombiekent.com for details.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Seven cities offer direct service to Jackson Hole in the summer season and Snake River Lodge & Spa is making it easier for those residents to enjoy a stress-free quick escape. Take advantage of the “Non-Stop Savings” package and be rewarded with breathtaking views, outdoor adventures and most importantly, a fantastic deal. Available until October 31, 2009, the “Non-Stop Savings” package features:
· Three nights accommodations
· $50 RockResorts gift card per stay
· Breakfast daily per person at gamefish restaurant
Rates start from $113 per night, based on double occupancy (tax, resort fee and gratuities excluded, based on availability). Three-night minimum stay required.
Upon check-in, present ID with address from one of the following seven cities that offer direct flight service to Jackson Hole Airport (JAC): Atlanta (ATL), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DFW), Denver (DEN), Miami (MIA), Phoenix (PHX), and Salt Lake City (SLC).
For more information, visit: www.rockresorts.com
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Elk Lovers Excursion Package at Jackson Lake Lodge
The perfect last-chance vacation getaway, Jackson Lake Lodge in Grand Teton National Park is offering a special $145/night Elk Lovers Excursion package from September 4 through September 27, 2009. The package offers guests a 35-percent discount on room rate along with a self-guided excursion to experience the sights and musical “bugle” sounds of the elk in Grand Teton National Park.
In addition to Grand Teton National Park’s colorful foliage, a popular fall activity is witnessing the unique sounds of elk during the annual rutting season. The bull elk’s bugle starts as a low whistling sound that builds and culminates into the high-pitched sound of a flute. The bugle lets other elk know that the bull has staked claim to a territory and a harem. In preparation for the winter season, elk herds can be found in abundance migrating through the Park toward their winter home near the town of Jackson, making it prime elk-watching season.
Jackson Lake Lodge’s Elk Lovers Excursion package is valid from September 4 (Labor Day weekend) through September 27, 2009 for new bookings only, and is based on space availability for single or double occupancy. The $145 nightly rate for Elk Lover’s Excursion includes a welcome amenity and is exclusive of tax, gratuities, and incidental charges. Use of a private car is recommended in order to enhance the overall elk experience, and transportation is not included in the package. Advance reservations are required and can be made by calling 800-628-9988.
** President Obama and his family enjoyed the National Parks this past weekend. Now it’s your turn to see everything the National Parks have to offer by visiting the Grand Tetons!
For more information, visit: www.gtlc.com
Monday, August 10, 2009
Montréal and its Sweeter Deals value and savings package lets you still take that last minute summer vacation without it being a major splurge. Experience exciting cultural exhibits, a European vibe, great food, shopping, nightlife and more. Montréal is a taste of Europe without the ‘euro’ – and perfect for a long weekend getaway. Book your choice of Summer Sweet Deal in Montréal—two nights or more—and, depending on the participating hotel, get 50% off the second or third night*, or the third night absolutely free!**
NEW OFFER AVAILABLE THIS SUMMER ONLY AT OVER 25 HOTELS!
Rates start at 130 CAD
Each Sweet Summer Deal includes:
- One CAD 20 gift, compliments of Fruits & Passion and Tourisme Montréal;
- One added value hotel privilege (varies from one hotel to the next): continental breakfast or valet parking or free Internet access or late check-out;
- Exclusive discounts for key city attractions such as museums, excursions, cruises, guided tours;
- Two Passeports Privilèges from Casino de Montréal valued at CAD 20 each;
- One discount card and gift with any CAD 75 CAD purchase at the Sh3pping centres;
**Minimum three-night stay. Offer valid at participating hotels only; applicable dates may vary. For complete details, refer to individual hotel descriptions.
*Shopping is three interconnected shopping centers located in the heart of downtown and the underground city, just a few minutes away from Old Montreal. Explore the world of fashion and indulge your shopping passion: you'll find the best brand names, more than 300 boutiques, restaurants and services, the highest indoor fountain and the largest food court in North America.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Antarctica departure includes:
* Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falkland Islands Family Holiday
December 17, 2009 – January 5, 2010
20-25% savings based on the following cabin categories:
Categories A, SA, B, SB: 25% savings
Categories D, SP: 20% savings
Single supplement is waived on the following cabin categories:
Categories SP, A, SA, B and SB
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
The Day Dream is available for one day only, Friday, August 21, 2009.
- Introduction and coffee in Edinburgh
- Executive coach to Glamis Castle
- Private VIP tour of the Castle
- 3-course lunch with the Earl of Strathmore in the 16th century kitchens of Glamis Castle
- Executive coach back to Edinburgh
- Drinks hosted by Mr. Jonathan Mills, Director of the Edinburgh International Festival
- Ticket for a concert performance of Verdi’s Opera “Macbeth”
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Pierre-Auguste Renoir, one of the most renowned and prolific French artists, will “take up residence” in the National Galleries of the Grand Palais in Paris this fall. From September 23, 2009 through December 21, 2009, Concorde Hotels & Resorts will offer guests an opportunity to explore a variety of Renoir’s impressionist style paintings with the “Renoir in the 20th Century” package, available at any of the Group’s six properties throughout the “City of Lights.”
Ideal for both art enthusiasts and lovers of Paris, the “Renoir in the 20th Century” package provides a unique opportunity to enjoy the art of the famous painter, while staying at one of Concorde Hotels & Resorts’ portfolio of properties located in the most sought-after neighborhoods of Paris. The offer includes:
- Two priority access tickets to the “Renoir in the 20th Century” exhibition at the Grand Palais museum, per stay
- Accommodation in the heart of Paris (see hotel details below)
- Buffet breakfast for two, per night
*Rates listed in the release reflect the US dollar to Euro rates on the date of July 6, 2009. Rates may fluctuate and vary depending on hotels, and rooms are subject to availability.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Available through September 21, 2009, the Colorado Cookin’ package includes two nights accommodation (Saturday night stay required), as well as the following Sunday activities:
· Sunday morning – Tour the Vail Farmers’ Market as accompanied by Executive Chef Rahm Fama to select fresh ingredients for dinner.
· Noon - Return to The Lodge for a four-course brunch at The Wildflower.
· Afternoon – Receive a chef's jacket and head to the kitchen for a cooking class led by Chef Rahm. During this session, participants help prepare dinner.
· Dinner – Guests can sit back and enjoy a meal that they helped create.
Rates start at $274 per night, based on double occupancy. Saturday night stay required. Based on availability, blackout dates apply. Tax, gratuities and resort fee not included. Percentage of savings is up to 25 percent. Stay additional nights at a discounted rate of $149 per night.
For more information about The Lodge at Vail visit www.rockresorts.com or call 877-LAV-ROCK (528-7625).
Friday, July 3, 2009
Why not make planning that summer vacation a little easier? For the little guests younger than 12, this summer our chefs have created a special offer at select dining venues at the resort. Whether your kids choose their favorite lunch by the pool or enjoy dinner in The Terrace, all children's menu food and beverage services are included. The Kid's Meal Plan is available for $35 per day, per child.
Package is subject to availability and does not apply to in-room dining. Price is per day, per child and includes tax. The package applies for children 12 years of age or younger. The Ritz Kids Meal Plan must be bought for entire length of stay. No reimbursement for unused portions. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Reservations are required prior to arrival or during check-in.
For more information, please visit www.ritzcarlton.com
Thursday, July 2, 2009
From May 22 – September 7, 2009, the camp offers discovery-based activities for ages 5-12. Campers trek on a “Desert Discovery” GPS treasure hunt, go on a “Photo Safari,” have fun at a “Geo Bowl” and play on gigantic, highly-detailed maps.
Best of all, eight world-renowned National Geographic explorers share their adventures on select Saturdays. Experts include “Crittercam” inventor Greg Marshall, tornado chaser Tim Samaras and reptile expert Brady Barr. Families also enjoy waterslides, “dive-in” movies, fishing, a teen “Hang Out” and infant amenities upon request.
Summer rates begin at $199 per night, with a $100 daily dining credit. The camp is a la carte, starting at $49. For details, dial (800) 908-9370 or click here.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Savings on eleven different itineraries for travel in December range from $1,110 to $4,100 per person when you book by July 31, 2009. Choose from small group escorted departures or Signature itineraries with a private guide.
For a full list of participating trips and to book your own holiday experience, please visit www.abercrombieandkent.com
Friday, June 26, 2009
Greenough Montana is getting a little greener this summer as The Resort at Paws Up announces its partnership with ClearSky Climate Solutions and offers guests carbon neutral vacations without trimming the comfort. Through the resort’s new iPreserve program, Paws Up has made several major commitments to better the environment – further establishing themselves as true stewards of sustainability. Already a conservator of land, Paws Up can now add becoming the country’s first carbon neutral resort to its list of amenities.
Paws Up has implemented additional activities on its path toward achieving climate neutrality by announcing the launch of their iPreserve green program. Activities under this program include: measuring energy waste with an annual assessment of the resort’s carbon footprint; mitigating resort activities by investing in forestry and rangeland projects; the purchase of 18 Miles Electric cars for guests and a school bus to shuttle staff to and from work; and the launch of “Greenough farms,” an on-site organic garden and chicken coop to provide “farm-to-table” sustainable dining. For more information on the resort’s program, click here.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Rates for the “Stay & Play” package start at $143 per night based on double occupancy. This offer is valid for travel June 26 through September 7, 2009. Other lodging options are also available. Guests taking advantage of this package also get a complimentary Adventure Passport packed full of activities including fly-fishing and golf clinics, nature walks and more!
Package rates include lodging and two rounds of golf at the Keystone Ranch Course. This par-72 course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. and follows the legendary links-style of a Scottish course on the front nine, while the back nine presents a traditional mountain valley layout. Impressive elevation changes, variable bunkers, and water hazards combine to challenge golfers of all levels at Keystone. The resort hosts special tee times for children so that golfing can be a family affair. Best of all, golf balls even go farther because of the altitude conditions!
After an exhilarating day, guests will love to enjoy some of Keystone’s numerous dining establishments, such as the Keystone Ranch restaurant, the Alpenglow Stube, and Ski Tip restaurant.
“Stay & Play” is based on availability and blackout dates apply. Taxes and resort fees are not included in the daily rates.
For more information about Keystone, visit www.keystoneresort.com or call 1-888-222-9298.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Mr. Calder arrived in New York June 9, and made his first $67 on the corner of 47th and 5th. He hopes to earn a minimum of $5,000 for Ecas, an organization directed by his mother that lends help and support to Edinburgh's physically disabled. Friday he heads to Pennsylvania followed by Washington DC, Virginia, Louisiana, Texas, Arizona and Colorado before finishing his trip in California in late July.
Mr. Calder is one of many volunteering for charitable causes in lieu of unemployment. After losing his job he was inspired by Scotland’s Homecoming year to invest his compensation package and free time in travel while raising money for charity.
Glasgow born, he calls himself the Bagpipe Busker. A friend built the site for him and he’s funding this himself. Calder's planned itinerary, blog and information on how to make a donation can be found at www.bagpipebusker.com
When asked what he hopes to accomplish, Calder replied “I’d like to earn as much as I can for Ecas, and I’ll also try to raise awareness about Scotland, Glasgow and the World Pipe Band Championships in August to thank them for being amongst the first to support me with a donation to the cause.”
Check out the Bagpipe Busker on the TODAY Show, click here.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Scotland has always been known for being “green.” The home of golf boasts more than 550 courses (more courses per head of population than in any other country!); many of which are the most famous in the world, renowned for their playability and celebrated for their picturesque greens. Now Wilderness Scotland, an award-winning adventure travel and ecotourism company, is giving eco-conscious travelers another way to go “green.” With these small group tours, travelers can hike, canoe, sail, and sea kayak throughout the Scottish Highlands with minimal impact, enjoying local wild food during campfire cookouts along the way.
Named “Best Green Tour Operator” at the World Travel Awards and one of National Geographic’s best adventure travel companies, Wilderness Scotland also offsets 110 percent of their emissions with a donation to Climate Care. Highlights include sea kayaking the Hebrides and taking a walking tour of the Orkney Isles.
Bookings this year will coincide with Homecoming Scotland 2009, a year-long celebration of festivals, events, and special offerings in honor of the 250th anniversary of poet Robert Burns. www.homecomingscotland.com.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Tourisme Montréal combines the best of both worlds with their five “Insiders”, Montréalers who show visitors what’s hot and happening throughout the city in the world of arts and culture, epicurean life, gay life, nightlife and girls’ getaways.
Click here to see their blogs and click here to see their videos!
Monday, June 1, 2009
For more information, click here.
Friday, May 29, 2009
For more information and to raise the adrenaline, click here.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Un Tour la Nuit promises to be an extraordinary Friday night with no fewer than 12,000 night owls on wheels pedaling the city after dark.
The Tour de Ille de Montréal is celebrating its 25th Anniversary, and coincidentally, so is Cirque du Soleil. Both began on the streets of Montréal and will be celebrated in particularly high regards.
Media interested in learning more about a Tourism Montréal sponsored press trip, please contact Jason Coletta or Kelly Brewer at 212-696-0660. Assignments are required.
For more information about Montréal, visit: www.tourisme-montreal.org.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts recently extended its partnership with German automaker BMW to include a complimentary hotel bicycle service featuring BMW Cruise Bikes. These state-of-the-art bikes have been introduced at 20 Fairmont hotels across Canada as the newest benefit for guests, granting active and adventurous travelers the opportunity to explore the vibrant cities and stunning landscapes of Fairmont’s distinctive locales. In addition to offering a selection of BMW Cruise Bikes, each hotel will also boast a variety of child-sized BMW bikes, allowing families to enjoy the great outdoors together.
For more information, click here.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Imagine a luxurious, comfortable setting with sleek white furniture, eco-friendly bamboo floors, and a modern black and white color scheme with green accents, where your senses are stimulated through the latest in entertainment technology:
- 40” Samsung LCD TVs
- Microsoft XBox 360 game stations with wireless controllers
- Sony Playstation 3
- the latest from Nintendo Wii.
- personal 19” flat screen televisions with DVD player
- iPod docking stations
- 63” LCD with Blu-ray player controlled via remote touch pad
- Bang and Olufsen surround sound system
- HDTV in a home theater environment
- Mac station
- iMac computers
- Wii bowling tournaments
- Wii Fit exercise classes
- Xbox LIVE
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Hotel Missoni, Edinburgh
This fashion-led Italian hotel will be one of the city's most prominent developments this decade.
Due to open June 3, 2009 - the hotel will have a plum position on the Royal Mile. Styles from Milan's best-known fashion house are to arrive in Edinburgh's old town and the hotel will be located in the Bank of Scotland Bridge development on the High Street. It is anticipated that the hotel will offer 130 rooms, a Bar Missoni, Missoni Cucina restaurant and a spa and fitness centre. The Milan fashion house, which is famous for its colorful clothing sported by Rachel Stevens and Jennifer Lopez, also plans to open hotels in Kuwait and Dubai.
For more information about Scotland, visit: www.cometoscotland.com.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
For more information please visit www.mustique-island.com.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Upon check in, guests and their four-legged travel companions are escorted to a V.I.P. (Very Important Pets) photo shoot. Their photos will be posted on a bulletin board in the lobby so dog owners on property can connect while they are on vacation.
The Inn at Keystone offers guests & their dogs a well-groomed menu of activities that are nothing to bark about! Some pet- and owner-friendly activities include:
- Fly fishing in Snake River
- Slobbering on tennis balls in the two public tennis courts
- Sniffing for beavers in the wetlands of the Keystone Bike & Recreation Path
- Begging for yummy picnic table left-overs at Cater Park Dog Park
- Discovering wildlife & the remnants of old mining buildings amidst the historical Peru Creek Trail
- Unwinding with complimentary doggy biscuits at “Yappy Hour” while pet owners sip on “Pink Poodle” & “Old Yeller” drink specials
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
The “History Buff” package at Hotel Jerome is available May 22, 2009 - January 2, 2010 and includes:
- Three nights accommodation in a Deluxe King room
- A historic tour of Aspen with Blazing Adventures, including such areas as Ashcroft Ghost Town, Independence Pass, Watson Divide and Snowmass Creek
- Two complimentary Aspen Crud cocktails at the famed J-Bar (learn its origin and recipe)
- 1889-themed turndown amenities, including Jerome silver dollar souvenir coins, an 1889 photo album of the hotel and “Fun Facts about 1889” card
For reservations and more information about Hotel Jerome visit www.rockresorts.com or call 877-412-ROCK (7625).
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
With the “My Chef Concorde” package, budding chefs will create a tantalizing seasonal dish and dessert under the guidance of Guy Martin’s expert team, and then sample their feast along with a signature cocktail.
Rates for the “My Chef Concorde” package start at $192 per person/per night and include double room accommodation, buffet breakfast, a one-hour cooking class and a complimentary cocktail at Atelier Guy Martin.
*The package is based upon availability; imperative booking of the Saturday night. The cooking lesson for Concorde is only available on Saturdays.
Participating hotels include:
- Hotel Lutetia
- Hotel du Louvre
- Hotel Concorde La Fayette
- Hotel Concorde Montparnasse
- Hotel Concorde Saint Lazare
For more information or to book the “My Chef at Concorde” package, call reservations at 1-800-888-4747 or visit www.concorde-hotels.com.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Whisky connoisseurs take note — for the first time, Scotland has named May Whisky Month. As part of the Homecoming Scotland 2009 year, whisky enthusiasts can explore and appreciate the expertise of the stillsmen and master blenders whose diligence has created one of Scotland’s finest exports.
To celebrate, the Whisky Coast is hosting “Spirit of the West” at Inveraray Castle in Argyll. On Saturday, May 16 & Sunday, May 17, Scotland’s famous West Coast whisky trail will present this spectacular weekend event where you can take part in one of 12 whisky masterclasses and meet experts from the 16 distilleries on the Whisky Coast. There will also be top-notch cooking demonstrations and live music. Pre and post-festival visitors can choose from more than 250 other whisky themed events ranging from master blending classes to whisky walks and dinners to accessing small distilleries rarely open to the public.
For more on Whisky Month and the Homecoming year, visit www.cometoscotland.com.
"GET BUFF AT THE BLUFF" summer sports and spa package includes:
- Five nights in a Deluxe ocean view room
- All meals, bar drinks and activities for two (over 20+ activities included, everything from scuba diving, snorkeling to deep sea fishing)
- One couples tennis lesson with Curtain Bluff tennis pro
- One 60-minute couples massage at The Spa at Curtain Bluff
- One 60-minute couples private personal trainer gym session
- One windsurfing or Hobi cat sailing lesson
- Round trip airport taxi transfers on Antigua
- Taxes and service charges
PRICE: Five-night package starts at $3,880 for two people in a Deluxe Room
VALID: May 15 - July 30, 2009
This package is fully-inclusive of tax and service charges. All rooms at Curtain Bluff feature ocean views. Minimum five-night stay required.
At Curtain Bluff, our reputation for both friendly service and a high repeat guest ratio is no coincidence. This summer, we invite you to find out for yourself what makes the "Curtain Bluff family" so special. From Wendy at the front desk, Gilly at The Spa, Avalon the sailing instructor, Jason the personal trainer and Rennie the tennis pro - the "Curtain Bluff" experience starts with guests and ends with family.
For more information on Curtain Bluff, visit www.curtainbluff.com or call 1-888-289-9898.
Friday, May 8, 2009
This lodging offer is valid for travel throughout all of next ski season, November 6, 2009 - April 10, 2010. There's never been a better time to book, as rates are as low as $49 per person. At Keystone Lodge & Spa, guests can save as much as $124 on a two-night stay with this early-bird special.
Keystone's diverse lodging portfolio includes Keystone Lodge & Spa, the Inn at Keystone and hundreds of condominium options. Additionally, all Keystone guests are privileged to a variety of free activities with the complimentary Adventure Passport, including ice rink admission, intro to snow biking, daily GEO-cacheing adventures, NASTAR family racing, Nordic Trail use and several food and beverage discounts.
Keystone is a skier's mecca with three mountains that feature bumps, steeps, glades, groomed trails and a terrain park. Off the slopes, Keystone offers great dining, shopping, entertainment, nightlife and lodging for the whole family. Choose from an extensive array of private vacation rentals throughout the resort and in River Run Village, or guests may choose to stay at the AAA Four-Diamond rated Keystone Lodge & Spa featuring the new eco-friendly RockResorts Spa. Keystone is 90 minutes west of Denver in the Rocky Mountains.
Visit www.keystoneresort.com or call 877-204-7889 and mention the 20 percent off lodging offer when booking.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Orlando’s Mother’s Day deals include:
Peabody Orlando Mother’s Day Escape Package
- One night in a deluxe room
- Complimentary continental breakfast for two
- $100 food and beverage voucher
- Complimentary valet parking
Available: May 7 – 10, 2009
Indy Racing Experience is offering three discounts for adventurous moms:
- Ride in an Indy Car for $89.46 per person. (regular price plus tax is $116.09)
- Drive an Indy Car for $318.44 per person. (regular price plus tax is $424.94)
- Ride and Drive an Indy Car for $452.63 per person. (Regular price plus tax is $541.03)
Harry P. Leu Gardens
Free admission for Mothers to experience the 50-acre botanical park.
Available: May 10, 2009
Thrifty Car Rental
Mini Van rentals at $44.99 per day or weekly rental at $269.50
Pick-up at Orlando International Airport
Available: May 9 – 17, 2009
More information on Orlando’s Mother’s Day specials can be found at www.visitorlando.com.
Friday, May 1, 2009
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples is a family-friendly resort located on the beautiful beaches of the Gulf of Mexico offering a great package this summer. True value is in the experience, and the resort’s Family Summer Package certainly delivers.
- Overnight accommodations in a coastal view room
- Breakfast for up to a family of four guests in the Terrace restaurant
- One child’s menu meal complimentary with each adult entrée purchased
- $50 Resort Credit
- $50 Waterside Shops gift card
The Nature's Wonders center is complete with nine aquariums, including two touch tanks where guests can hold live turtles and starfish. The remaining tanks host native wildlife such as lobsters, crabs, jellyfish, baby alligators and iguanas, bringing a true sense of place and memories to last beyond summer.
For more information visit www.ritzcarlton.com.
Monday, April 27, 2009
For more information, visit: www.fairmont.com
Monday, April 20, 2009
LDPR is pleased to announce a new addition to our list of clients. Prepare to expand your imagination through travel with Dream Escape, offering the newest, most creative travel options in Scotland imaginable.
Husband and wife David and Holly Tobin began Dream Escape in 2004 as a means to provide access to the best Scotland as to offer. They work to piece together personalized bespoke itineraries for groups and individuals, using only the most luxurious hotels, estates, castles and restaurants. Anything is possible and everything is tailor made.
Make the most out of your family’s summer vacation and take advantage of this great time to visit Scotland!
For a sneak peak into your own dream experience, visit www.dreamescape.co.uk and keep checking the site for the upcoming redesign!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Time to be Bullish on Scotland
On Monday, April 6, National Tartan Day, Highland Athlete, Harrison Bailey III (L) and Scotland’s Minister for Enterprise, Energy and Tourism, the Honorable Jim Mather (R), visited New York to share ways to stretch the dollar for travel during the Homecoming year.
During Homecoming Scotland 2009
1. Dooley Vacations is offering a week-long “Scotland Tartan B&B” package starting at $999 air-inclusive: www.dooleyvacations.com
2. Get 25-30 percent more for your dollar with sterling at a 10 year low
3. Based on the average spent in 2008, Americans will save more than $300 visiting Scotland in 2009
4. The UK Government has reduced retail tax (VAT) on goods and services by 2.5 percent
5. The year of Homecoming Scotland 2009 is serving up more than 100 free cultural events and festivals Scotland-wide
6. More than 300 free traditional music sessions will take place in bars and pubs Scotland-wide from April - September 2009; that’s 1 per day!
7. In September, visitors will have free access to more than 800 historic buildings – some never opened before -- during the Homecoming year’s Doors Open Days
8. In Edinburgh, visitors have free entry to more than 30 top attractions, free return airport and city centre bus transport, and a free comprehensive guidebook
9. For golfers the legendary St Andrews Links Trust has frozen green fees for 2009 (high season green fee’s for the Old Course are now $195 per person, down from $260 in 2008)
10. And most importantly -- leave it to the Scots to measure value in pints – A pint from Pub chain JD Wetherspoon’s (with 50 pubs in Scotland) is selling for 99 pence (less than a pound!). That’s just $1.40 USD for a pint of real ale!
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- ► 2011 (88)
- ► 2010 (52)
- ► October (7)
- ► September (4)
- ► August (8)
- ► July (4)
- Celebrate Christmas in July!
- THE RESORT AT PAWS UP ANNOUNCES FIRST U.S. CARBON ...
- Tee 4 Free @ Keystone
- SUPER SCOT PIPING ACROSS U.S. FOR CHARITY AND COUN...
- GRANDE LAKES ORLANDO TAKES ADVENTURE TO NEW HEIGHT...
- Scotland takes you through the wilderness...
- Montréal's "Fab Five" - The Insiders...
- TORONTO'S GRANDE DAME TURNS 80 YEARS YOUNG
- ZIP ACROSS THE ORLANDO SKYLINE!
- Montréal's 25th Annual Bike Fest!
- FAIRMONT SAYS "BABY YOU CAN DRIVE MY BMW CRUISE BI...
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples offers the perfect VUE (v...
- An Italian Accent Coming to Edinburgh, Scotland
- Mustique Introduces Nine New Villas
- Yappy Hour in Keystone
- CELEBRATE HISTORY IN ASPEN
- What's cooking at Concorde?
- MAY IS NOW OFFICIALLY "WHISKY MONTH" THANKS TO SCO...
- GET BUFF AT THE BLUFF
- Is it winter yet???
- MOTHER'S DAY - FULL SPEED AHEAD!
- The Natural Wonder of Naples...