Friday, June 5, 2009
Scotland takes you through the wilderness...
Scotland has always been known for being “green.” The home of golf boasts more than 550 courses (more courses per head of population than in any other country!); many of which are the most famous in the world, renowned for their playability and celebrated for their picturesque greens. Now Wilderness Scotland, an award-winning adventure travel and ecotourism company, is giving eco-conscious travelers another way to go “green.” With these small group tours, travelers can hike, canoe, sail, and sea kayak throughout the Scottish Highlands with minimal impact, enjoying local wild food during campfire cookouts along the way.
Named “Best Green Tour Operator” at the World Travel Awards and one of National Geographic’s best adventure travel companies, Wilderness Scotland also offsets 110 percent of their emissions with a donation to Climate Care. Highlights include sea kayaking the Hebrides and taking a walking tour of the Orkney Isles.
Bookings this year will coincide with Homecoming Scotland 2009, a year-long celebration of festivals, events, and special offerings in honor of the 250th anniversary of poet Robert Burns. www.homecomingscotland.com.
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- ► 2011 (88)
- ► 2010 (52)
- Celebrate Christmas in July!
- THE RESORT AT PAWS UP ANNOUNCES FIRST U.S. CARBON ...
- Tee 4 Free @ Keystone
- SUPER SCOT PIPING ACROSS U.S. FOR CHARITY AND COUN...
- GRANDE LAKES ORLANDO TAKES ADVENTURE TO NEW HEIGHT...
- Scotland takes you through the wilderness...
- Montréal's "Fab Five" - The Insiders...
- TORONTO'S GRANDE DAME TURNS 80 YEARS YOUNG
- ▼ June (8)