Monday, May 24, 2010
One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort will set a new standard for luxury and service in Breckenridge, Colorado when it opens this summer at the base of Breckenridge Ski Resort’s Peak 8. The ski-in/ski-out resort has access to four lifts taking guests to Peaks 7, 8, 9 and 10 in the winter and to hiking and biking trails in the summer, plus the Peak 8 Fun Park. In addition, the resort is conveniently located just steps away from the new seasonally operated BreckConnect Gondola that connects One Ski Hill Place with the historic mountain Town of Breckenridge.
Victoria’s famous 18-carat gold Emirates Melbourne Cup trophy has begun an ambitious 220-day world tour, travelling to 42 destinations as part of the Victoria Racing Club’s celebration of the 150th running of the Melbourne Cup event in November. The tour will see the Emirates Melbourne Cup travel to 10 international destinations – Tokyo, Los Angeles, Dublin, London, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Dubai and Auckland – and 32 Australasian cities and towns, making it the biggest tour in the Cup’s history. Joining the Cup on its seven-month journey will be some of Australia’s leading racing, fashion and cultural identities, who will help promote the Melbourne Cup Carnival and Melbourne as an exciting business and tourism destination to a global audience.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
The Biggest Shift Since the Industrial Revolution?
Social Media's explosive growth has brought up this question, and once again, Mashable.com has posted some great statistics supporting the debate. Amongst many, here are a few that LDPR found most interesting:
- If facebook were a country, it'd be the THIRD LARGEST in the WORLD!
- 50% of The UK's mobile internet traffic is on facebook.
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the US met via social media.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world.
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment.
- If you were paid $1.00 for every article you posted on Wikipedia, you'd earn $1,712.32 per hour!
Well said, Mr. Qualman...we couldn't agree more.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Looking to save on your summer vacation? Or maybe you’re seeking a wow gift for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day. Abercrombie & Kent is holding a one-day travel sale on Thursday, May 6. Save up to 60 percent on independent journeys with a private guide in Europe, Jordan, Chile, East Africa and South Africa for travel between June and September.
For first time ever, Abercrombie & Kent is allowing their Facebook fans to save 25 percent during a private pre-sale! A&K Facebook fans will have first pick of 18 itineraries from 8:00am – 9:00am Central Time on May 6. Visit their Facebook page and click “Like” to become a fan. Once a fan, you’ll be able to use the link on the page for the private pre-sale. The countdown sale will begin for the general public at 9:00am Central time, with a savings of 5 percent, accessed via www.abercrombiekent.com. Prices will be reduced by 5 percent every 30 minutes, to a maximum of 60 percent off the retail price when the auction ends at 3:00pm Central time.
Full itineraries, details, terms and conditions of the sale may be found at www.abercrombiekent.com.
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- ► 2011 (88)
- ▼ May (4)