Grande Lakes Orlando now offers PGA TOUR Academy golf instruction, welcoming new golfers or devoted enthusiasts eager to step up their game. Enjoy Professional-level training based on instructional techniques and state-of-the-art technology that, until recently, were only available to TOUR professionals.
- Private one-hour lessons start at $100 for the first student and $35 for the second student.
- A series of three one-hour lessons starts at $270 per student.
- Nine holes (cart fees additional) start at $200 each
- Eighteen holes (cart fees additional) start at $350 each
- Group lessons of three or more students are also available.
TOUR Academy Get Golf Ready Programs
A comprehensive two-level approach to golf instruction allows students to learn the basics, achieve a deeper connection with the game and progress according to individual abilities. Each level consists of five, 90-minute sessions.
- Level 1 – New Golfer, priced at $99 per golfer
- Level 2 – Beginner to Avid Golfer, priced at $99 per golfer
Golf School Programs
The TOUR Academy offers one-, two-, three- and five-day schools throughout the year. Each Core golf school features a maximum 4-to-1 student-to-teacher ratio to allow for plenty of personalized instruction designed to deliver maximum results within the available time.
- 2-day Schools – Starting at $735 per golfer
- 3-day Schools – Starting at $1,095 per golfer
- 5-day Schools – Starting at $1,695 per golfer
TOUR Academy Daily Golf Clinics are also available year-round from 4:00pm – 5:00pm for guests staying at Grande Lakes Orlando. Covering topics such as putting, chipping, pitching, and full swing, the clinic is a presentation and demonstration format on one topic each day. No golf clubs necessary and space is limited. PGA TOUR Academy Golf Instruction at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Orlando, Grande Lakes, is available to guests at both The Ritz-Carlton and JW Marriott hotels, as well as to all outside visitors.
Availability is limited and advance reservations are required. Prices do not include taxes or gratuities. Please call 407-393-4900 for reservations
Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Can't keep up with every ounce of social media news that's coming your way? PR agencies know the feeling all too well. Thankfully, CMO.com posted this wonderful "Social Media Landscape" guide, which helps professionals better understand which sites are most important. From great tips to brief descriptions, CMO.com gives us the "goods" when it comes to social media:
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
This Mother’s Day, Residence Inn by Marriott will make Moms feel even more special by handing out 50 red roses for moms at all 588 hotels in the U.S. – that's 29,400 roses that dads don't have to buy! All guests of the hotels (dads and kids too) can enjoy daily free hot breakfast, free Internet, a swimming pool, a welcome pet policy and spacious suite accommodations at a value price. www.residenceinn.com
Monday, April 26, 2010
If you haven’t heard of “glamping” (glamorous camping) yet, perhaps you’ve taken one too many “staycations.” Camping with all the comforts of home and then some is the summer trend for families that keeps on expanding – with Paws Up leading the way. In 2005, Paws Up served ‘nature on a silver platter’ with the introduction of Tent City. In 2008, River Camp gave guests the Blackfoot in their bedroom. In July 2010, Paws Up’s silver platter goes platinum with the opening of Creekside Camp, the third and largest luxury tented accommodation. Creekside Camp will be situated along Elk Creek and boasts six-new tented suites unlike any ‘glamping’ accommodations guests have seen before. Four of the accommodations will be 530-square foot tent suites for a family of four with attached private ‘kids quarters.’ The safari-style accommodations are outfitted with electricity, feather beds, western chic furniture, and private decks. Upgrades within each tent include en-suite bathrooms with an operable ventilated skylight offering an option of an open air shower and seating areas with individual fireplaces. Within steps from each tent, Creekside Camp guests have access to a dining pavilion complete with a massive fireplace with lounge and game area on one side and “creek-front” seating on the other, a stone fire pit and even their own personal “camping butler.” Creekside Camp is slated to open July 2010 and is available seasonally through late-September. Rates in 2010 start at $1,015 per night for the two-bedroom tented suites and $925 per night for the one-bedroom tented suites, double occupancy. Rates include three-meals daily (children three and under eat for free) and airport transfers from Missoula (MSO). Click here, or call 800-473-0601 for more information or reservations.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
In 2010, there are almost as many stepfamilies in America as any other type of family, and it is predicted that this number will only increase. According to the Stepfamily Association of America, 65 percent of all remarriages involve children, creating the familymoon trend, in which marrying couples bring their children on the honeymoon. The Reef at Atlantis is the ideal familymoon spot for a number of reasons:
There are plenty of bonding activities the family can do together, such as:
- Dolphin and sea lion interactions
- Snorkeling with thousands of fish and sea creatures in The Ruins Lagoon
- Riding in inner tubes along “The Current” river ride
- Enjoying endless dining options, including Nobu, Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill, Jean-Georges’ Café Martinique, and several casual dining options and pool-side restaurants
For more information on familymoons at Atlantis, please call 1-800-ATLANTIS (285-2684) or visit www.atlantis.com.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
This Mother’s Day, sign mom up for the IPrefer program with Preferred Hotel Group (it's free online!) and enjoy this special day at one of 20 Preferred hotels around the U.S. The “IPrefer Resort Escapes” packages are valid until July 31, 2010 and include a $75 daily activity credit, daily breakfast for two, guaranteed room upgrade, late check-in/check-out and complimentary internet. PLUS, each resort has a special amenity waiting for guests! From spa discounts at The Palms Spa, a luxury Aveda spa at The Palms Hotel & Spa in Miami, FL to special culinary amenities at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island, South Carolina. For more information, please visit click here.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Suffering from a social media overload? Mashable gives us 5 great tips:
- Block out time to digest the day's trends: Designate a period of time to absorb this information rather than just responding to it.
- Keep TWO Lists: Keeping both "Urgent" and "Long Term" To-Do lists helps allocate the appropriate time to focus on each.
- Try a Power Hour: Compressing all response-related work into pre-determined time blocks.
- Don't Hoard Urgent Work: Challenge yourself to delegate!
- Reduce Levels of "Insecurity Work:" Checking your twitter followers and bank account balance may make you feel secure, but fail to stimulate new ideas.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Great industry intelligence from OPEN Forum...
The 6 Benefits of Using Social Media for Small Business
The 6 Benefits of Using Social Media for Small Business
- Search results
- Brand management
- Brand awareness
- Competitive research
Thursday, April 8, 2010
The Grand Teton Lodge Company in iconic Grand Teton National Park, introduces the “Grand Adventure” package for an action-packed getaway. Whether on a boat, a horse or your own two feet, these outdoor activities will get the whole family excited. So grab your loved ones, and get ready for some Wild West fun!
Five-day/Four-night Grand Adventure includes:
· Accommodations at Jackson Lake Lodge
· Rafting trip on the Snake River
· Scenic cruise on Jackson Lake
· Hiking through Grand Teton National Park
· Most meals*
· Rates start at $1,902 for two adults and two children (ages 6-12)**
· Package available May 21-October 3 (rates vary by date)
A seven-day/six-night Grand Adventure package is also available and includes all of the above plus a Yellowstone tour day, guided horseback ride through Grand Teton National Park and a visit to the town of Jackson. Rates start at $3,806 for two adults and two children. **
*Breakfast included daily and most days include lunch and dinner.
**Additional adults are $375 and children ages 6-12 are $259 (rates vary by date)
Monday, April 5, 2010
What better way to usher in spring than with a long weekend getaway to Paris? Recharge those batteries with three nights in the City of Lights at Parisian landmark Hotel Lutetia.
This year marks the 100th anniversary of Hotel Lutetia. As part of this year-long celebration, the landmark hotel is featuring a variety of events highlighting its historic ties with art, literature and jazz (suites converted into an art gallery, jazz nights, literary readings and participation in the annual contemporary art event Parcours de Saint Germain).
Escape for a long weekend and book the “Lutetia Secrets” centennial package. Available through December 31, rates start at $358 per night/per room (minimum of three nights) and includes:
- Accommodation in a double room
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Exclusive “Lutetia Secrets” insider guide
- Behind-the-scenes private tour of this historic hotel
- Surprise gift in your room
**Rates listed reflect the US dollar to Euro rates on the date of March 23, 2010. Rates may fluctuate and vary depending on hotel, and rooms are subject to availability.
For more information or to book the “Lutetia Secrets” package, call reservations at 1-800-888-4747 or visit www.concorde-hotels.com.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
VisitScotland’s annual “Drive it Home” promotion is offering the chance to win a trip to St Andrews and the 150th British Open Championship in July! In addition, the lucky winner gets the opportunity to play at the historic Old Course.
To win this amazing offer, visit www.driveithome2010.com between April 4th – 30th to enter for a chance to receive:
- Roundtrip airfare for two to Edinburgh, Scotland*
- Four nights accommodations (based on double occupancy) with complimentary breakfast, in a four-star hotel in Edinburgh
- Two tickets to The British Open Championship at The Old Course St Andrews for Saturday July 17 and Sunday July 18, 2010
- A round of golf on The Old Course, St Andrews on Monday July 19, 2010
- Car rental for five days**
For information on Scotland, visit: www.cometoscotland.com and for more details on the Drive it Home promotion, visit: www.driveithome2010.com.
*Winner and travel companion must be willing to travel the week of July 12th, 2010, or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. If winner is based in the UK, they will receive a travel allowance of £150 /$225USD for airfare.
** Winner must agree to and satisfy car rental company’s terms and conditions
Thursday, April 1, 2010
This Mother’s Day, treat mom to a girls-only getaway weekend in sunny Bal Harbour, Florida, where you and mom can shop til you drop in the designer oasis of Bal Harbour Shops’ 100+ chic boutiques and spend a relaxing evening at the brand-new, five-star ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa. Book the “Sun, Stay and Shop” package and sweeten your stay with complimentary cocktails at the hotel bar, daily continental breakfast and a top-notch shopping experience that includes car service and a VIP personal consultation with special discount at Saks Fifth Avenue’s 5th Avenue Club. The “Sun, Stay and Shop” package is based on two people with rates starting at $330 per night; package is available until May 30, 2010 and some restrictions apply. www.balharbourflorida.com
In honor of annual National Tartan Day on April 6 (honoring Americans with Scottish heritage), Globus Journeys is offering a great deal for blood and heart Scots alike to travel to Scotland. This year has been named “The Year of Food & Drink” in Scotland and the following value package provides the perfect opportunity to experience whisky, fresh seafood, local produce and charming Scottish breakfasts! Not to mention a chance to soak in the history of Glasgow and Edinburgh, enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Highlands and uncover the mystery of the Loch Ness Monster in Inverness.
Globus’ 8-day “Bonnie Scotland” guided-tour package includes:
- Pricing starts at $1,359 per person (based on double occupancy)
- Seven-nights (7) accommodations
- Full Scottish breakfast daily and five (5) three-course dinners
- Guided tours and transportation
- Experience Glasgow, Isle of Skye, The Highlands, and Edinburgh
- Visit to a whisky distillery and guided walk along the 18th hole of the famed Old Course in St Andrews
- Available departure dates: April 21, May 12, May 26, June 16, June 30 and various dates in July and August 2010
- To book visit www.globusjourneys.com or call 1-866-755-8581
- For more information on Scotland visit www.cometoscotland.com
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- ► 2011 (88)
- Golfers at Grande Lakes Orlando Have an Edge
- CMO's Social Media Landscape
- Roses are red, violets are blue and Residence Inn ...
- The Resort at Paws Up Opens Six New Luxury Tents T...
- Take the bunch on a Familymoon to Atlantis Resort!...
- Get Mom an “iPreferred Resort Escape” package this...
- 5 Ways to Reduce Social Media Distractions and Be ...
- 6 Benefits of Using Social Media for Business
- Backyard BBQ overplayed last summer? Head to Grand...
- Celebrate Spring - Three Nights in the City of Lig...
- Win a Trip to the Home of Golf!
- Shop til you drop in Bal Harbour on Mother’s Day!
- Great Deal to Scotland in Honor of Tartan Day
- ▼ April (13)