Tuesday, March 29, 2011
For the first time ever RockResorts and Vail Resorts are opening their exclusive 96-hour sale to the public: starting on Tuesday, March 29 through Friday, April 1st at 12:00 noon (Mountain Standard Time) RockResorts and Vail Resorts Hospitality lodging rates begin at $96/night.
Those looking for last minute spring skiing deals in Colorado or Wyoming (Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Aspen and Jackson Hole) will select from a variety of lodging options. If the beach or southwest is where you’re planning to kick-start summer holidays, RockResorts properties in Jamaica, St. Lucia, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, The Bahamas, Miami, Santa Fe and Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming are also participating in this incredible limited time sale.
Bookings must be made online only at RockResorts.com/96Hour. Offer is good for travel through January 31, 2012. Based on availability, blackout dates apply. Offer is valid for new bookings only, and cannot be combined with any other offers. All reservations booked through the 96-hour sale are non-refundable.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
*2011 contribution to global GDP: $6.0 trillion, 9.1% of global GDP.
*GDP contribution forecast to rise 54% to $9.2 billion by 2011, 9.6% of
*2011 contribution to global employment: 259 million jobs, 8.8% of total
*Employment contribution forecast to rise 25% to 324 million jobs by 2011,
9.7% of total employment worldwide.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
For $29,000, treat your sweet to the peak of romance at Vail’s newest luxury property, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Vail. The “Romance, Roses and Even a Ring” package includes two nights of luxury lodging, two first-class tickets on American Airlines, dinner for two at the upscale slope-side restaurant, Centre V, a rose petal bath, a couples’ massage, a personal training session for two and even the choice of a $20,000 engagement ring from Betteridge Jewelers in Vail (with a private shopping experience!). For more information or to book, call 877-525-9631.
The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Vail is one of Vail’s newest and most exclusive addresses – it’s located just a few steps away from the action of the slopes and the bustle of Lionshead’s dining and shopping but is a bit more private, nestled along the banks of the Gore.
Other nearby options for a special celebration include:
- The Celebrations Concierge at Beaver Creek (Vail’s sister resort) will help with planning every detail of a trip and the concierge highly recommends Beaver Creek’s mountaintop Trappers Cabin nestled in a stand of aspen trees, set back from the resort’s meticulously groomed ski runs. Either ski in, ski out to your luxurious cabin in the woods or get a snowcat ride and enjoy meals cooked just to your liking by the private chef.
- The Game Creek Chalet in Vail, a private chalet perched on Vail Mountain at approximately 11,000 feet above sea level, is also a perfect spot for a memorable celebration/vacation for the whole group or just for the two of you.
Friday, March 18, 2011
- Four nights accommodations in a luxury one-bedroom ocean view suite
- All food & beverage for the duration of stay
- A welcome bottle of wine from Valle de Guadalupe, a Mexican winery that produces special wines just for Villa Group Resorts
- A romantic bath complete with fresh flowers and aromatic candles
- A private 45-minute serenade by Mariachi band during dinner (can be at one of the restaurants or in the privacy of couples’ suite)
- Round-trip ground transportation in Cabo San Lucas
- One couples massage at the Desert Spa in the VIP spa suit
Set on El Médano Beach, Villa del Arco is a five-star, upscale resort featuring 221 luxurious studios, one-, two- and three-bedroom suites with kitchens, whirlpool tubs, spacious living areas and balconies. The Desert Spa features contemporary treatments and amenities, including expansive hydrotherapy centers for men and women, a Jacuzzi, a cold-plunge pool, cold-pressure showers, a body temperature pool, steam room, sauna and Swiss showers. The resort offers a gourmet dining experience at La Perla, which proudly showcases fresh seafood, steaks and International Cuisine. For more information, please visit www.villagroupresorts.com
Monday, March 14, 2011
- Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi - Amalfi, Italy
- Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa - Sandys, Bermuda
- Divan Bodrum - Bodrum Mugla, Turkey
- Camino Real El Paso - El Paso, Texas
- The Waldorf=Astoria - New York, New York
- Palace Hotel - San Francisco, California
- The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort - Honolulu, Hawaii
- InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile - Chicago, Illinois
- The Willard InterContinental, Washington DC - Washington, DC
- Doral Golf Resort & Spa - Miami, Florida
The Waldorf=Astoria, a member of Historic Hotels of America
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Samantha Brown, host of the popular Travel Channel TV series Passport to Europe, Passport to Latin America and Great Weekends, spoke this weekend (Sunday, February 27, 2011) at The New York Times Travel Show in NYC and provided the audience with a fun and engaging perspective on the "Adventures of a TV Travel Host." Samantha opened her seminar with useful tips for travelers. Beyond the cell phone chargers and computer cords, here are our notes from Samantha Brown's "Top 4" items to take along when traveling:
1. Earplugs. Need we say more?
2. Pinky balls - These can help with travel-related muscle aches.
3. Peanut butter - A great snack with diplomatic qualities...Who knew? Finding jam or jelly around the world is pretty easy. Make a PB&J sandwich your ice breaker. Since the PB&J sandwich is a popular American treat, many other countries and cultures aren't familiar with it...so spread the love!
4. I Love NY T-shirts...or any other easy-to-carry gifts. These are great when you want to give a little extra something or when tipping isn't appropriate.
For more info about Samantha Brown and Travel Channel, click here.
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- No April Foolin’ - RockResorts Announces 96 Hour S...
- Report details economic significance of travel and...
- ROSES, ROMANCE AND EVEN A RING AT THE RITZ-CARLTON...
- Villa del Arco Los Cabos heats up Mexico with a “L...
- Preferred Hotel Group Welcomes 10 New Hotels This ...
- Samantha Brown's Top 4 Travel Items
- ▼ March (6)
- ► 2010 (52)