Thanksgiving is Thursday, but there are a few items you can prepare in advance. For example, check out this recipe for Apple Strudel courtesy of Sean Woods, Executive Chef at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. Chef Woods recently shared recipes, along with tips for cooking an organic Thanksgiving, with Mario Bosquez during an interview on Martha Stewart Living Radio. The "Living Today" show airs on Sirius Satellite Network.
For more recipes, email LivingToday@marthastewart.com and request Chef Woods' Thanksgiving recipes. For more information about Grande Lakes Orlando, visit www.grandelakes.com
1 pound Gala Apples (peeled, cored and chopped in small cubes)
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup simple syrup (1 part sugar, 2 part water)
1 table spoon of dark rum
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 dash of Ginger
½ vanila bean (just use the seeds scraped form the pod)
4 tablespoons white sugar
2 slices brown bread, crumbled
¼ cup toasted almond flour
1/2 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg (egg wash)
1. Boil the syrup, add rum and let soak the cranberries and the raisins ( if you can try to let soak for at least 24 hours)
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. In a bowl, combine apples, raisins, cranberries, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of sugar and the bread crumbs. Stir well.
4. Spread several sheets of pastry slightly with melted butter and lay them on atop the other on a baking sheet, sprinkle a little sugar in between as well. Spread the fruit mixture evenly over the top sheet, then roll the sheets up to form a log shape. Brush with melted butter again. Brush some egg wash for color and Sprinkle a nice line of sugar on top for decoration.
5. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and fruit is tender. Sprinkle a little snow sugar, decorate the tray with cinnamon sticks, fresh apples and spices.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Get a headstart on Thanksgiving!
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- ► 2011 (88)
- ► 2010 (52)