Known as an environmental leader in the industry, RockResorts and Vail Resorts Hospitality are tapping into a new program, “Water on the Rocks,” to eliminate nearly all plastic water bottles in guest operations. RockResorts properties from Vail to St. Lucia and Vail Resorts Hospitality properties in all four Colorado mountain resorts - Vail, Keystone, Breckenridge, and Beaver Creek - are expecting to save an estimated 640,000 plastic water bottles from the waste stream thanks to the “Water on the Rocks” program, which eliminates plastic water bottles from guest rooms and offers hotel guests reusable water bottles with refilling stations.
As part of “Water on the Rocks,” two pre-filled glass bottles are placed in each guest room daily and refreshed as needed during daily housekeeping or by request. These bottles are sanitized and replaced each night with filtered water as needed. Guests on the go will also have the option to purchase stylish, reusable RockResorts logo water bottles (BPA-free plastic or stainless steel) for $4 at hotel front desks or spas that can be refilled at water refilling locations around each property. In many resort locations, guests will be treated to filtered flavored water (such as cucumber or lemon).
The program was designed by the RockResorts “Tap Force” to eliminate 99 percent of plastic water bottles in both guest rooms and food and beverage operations.
TO READ FULL PRESS RELEASE, PLEASE GO TO HERE.
For more information about this program or the other sustainable programs, visit WWW.ROCKRESORTS.COM or call 1-888-FOR-ROCK (888-367-7625). Follow RockResorts and Vail Resorts on Twitter: @RockResorts, @RockResortsNEWS and @VailResortsNEWS or on Facebook.
Monday, March 29, 2010
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- ► 2011 (88)
- The “Princess Diana: Dress of Inspiration” museum ...
- The Kids Club at Bal Harbour Offers a New Spin on ...
- RockResorts Taps into Next Environmental Program w...
- Start your engines! The latest line of BMW vehicle...
- Celebrate Spring - Three Nights in the City of Lig...
- Where to go? Where to stay? St. Patrick's Day...
- ▼ March (6)