The World Travel & Tourism Council has released a report entitled, "The Economic Contribution of Travel & Tourism," which highlights that in terms of economic impact on the world's economies, the travel and tourism industry outweighs the automotive industry. According to this March 2011 report, the travel and tourism industry accounts for almost one of every ten dollars in the world's total gross domestic product and almost one out of every ten jobs in the world. Key statistics include:
*2011 contribution to global GDP: $6.0 trillion, 9.1% of global GDP.
*GDP contribution forecast to rise 54% to $9.2 billion by 2011, 9.6% of
*2011 contribution to global employment: 259 million jobs, 8.8% of total
*Employment contribution forecast to rise 25% to 324 million jobs by 2011,
9.7% of total employment worldwide.
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- No April Foolin’ - RockResorts Announces 96 Hour S...
- Report details economic significance of travel and...
- ROSES, ROMANCE AND EVEN A RING AT THE RITZ-CARLTON...
- Villa del Arco Los Cabos heats up Mexico with a “L...
- Preferred Hotel Group Welcomes 10 New Hotels This ...
- Samantha Brown's Top 4 Travel Items
- ▼ March (6)
- ► 2010 (52)