The Biggest Shift Since the Industrial Revolution?
Social Media's explosive growth has brought up this question, and once again, Mashable.com has posted some great statistics supporting the debate. Amongst many, here are a few that LDPR found most interesting:
- If facebook were a country, it'd be the THIRD LARGEST in the WORLD!
- 50% of The UK's mobile internet traffic is on facebook.
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the US met via social media.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world.
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment.
- If you were paid $1.00 for every article you posted on Wikipedia, you'd earn $1,712.32 per hour!
Well said, Mr. Qualman...we couldn't agree more.