Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just back from…Puerto Rico!

LDPR’s Michaelann Millrood just returned from a whirlwind vacation to Puerto Rico and shares her story…

I recently got back to chilly NYC from Puerto Rico after a relatively impulsive vacation to the Isla del Encanto. And it was, indeed, quite enchanting. Gifted an airfare credit from my generous travel-agent mom, back in November I booked round-trip NYC-San Juan January flights, and hoped a friend would eventually commit to joining me. If not, I was happy to travel solo.
Good morning San Juan! Not a bad approach…
I ended up spending the trip with old college friends now living in San Juan (there’s no better way to see a foreign city than with a local!) and a friend from DC met me in Vieques (one of the most beautiful islands, off the coast of Puerto Rico). Check out additional photos and captions below for a snapshot into my awesome vacation!
Thanks, Michelle Valle at Grande Lakes Orlando for recommending the San Juan Marriott Resort, where I was greeted by a beautiful rainbow! 








 

After I spent an afternoon exploring Old San Juan, I ended the day at the El Morro and caught this beautiful sunset.
I hadn’t realized this when I booked my trip, but I was in San Juan for the San Sebastian Street Festival weekend, which is basically the Carnival of Puerto Rico!
Beach or pool? Tough decisions.
Secret Beach. I definitely recommend renting a car or moped and beach hopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LDPR

My photo
For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.