Wednesday, August 3, 2011
The World at Your Fingertips: Abercrombie & Kent Unveils World of A&K App for iPad®
It’s not where you take your iPad, but where your iPad takes you. Luxury travel company Abercrombie & Kent (A&K) has developed a free travel application http://www.abercrombiekent.com/ipad for iPad that delivers a choice of inspiring experiences combined with the ability to explore a destination more in depth and share “wish list” trips.
The World of A&K app opens with an invitation from Abercrombie & Kent founder Geoffrey Kent to “explore the world with A&K.” The home page features a mosaic of experiences that extends beyond the screen in all directions, inviting the user to dig deeper into each destination. Tiles along the top allow users to easily navigate according to their travel interests: Exotic Adventures, Family Travel, Culture & History and Nature & Wildlife. By tapping an image, the user is transported directly into the experience. Interspersed throughout the mosaics are 26 inspiring :60- to :90-second “Virtual Visits” designed to provide an immersive experience. The experiential, day-in-the-life approach blends vivid imagery and authentic audio (such as penguins chattering in the background) to capture the sights and sounds of each destination. The World of A&K app invites users to create a personalized travel map by flagging all the countries they have visited -- and marking those on their wish list. These can be exported to Google Earth, which provides a satellite tour of each destination. The new app also enables viewers to share images, videos or ravel maps with Facebook friends and Twitter followers or create and send an e-mail postcard.
For those eager to explore the World of A&K but don’t have an iPad, Abercrombie & Kent is giving away an iPad a day on Twitter, from Wednesday, August 3 to Friday, August 5. Follow @AKTravel_USA for your chance to win.
iPad® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- When You Can’t Travel - How to Handle A Weekend of...
- Enjoy a FREE three-day photography workshop in Gra...
- Slip Back in Time and Celebrate with a Speakeasy G...
- Sanctuary Retreats Reopen Sanctuary Kusini with a ...
- Residence Inn by Marriott Celebrates – Moms Night ...
- Back By Popular Demand! RockResorts/Vail Resorts 9...
- LDPR Internship Opportunity!
- The World at Your Fingertips: Abercrombie & Kent U...
- Just Back From... Vail!
- ▼ August (9)
- ► 2010 (52)