Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just Back From...TBEX in Vancouver!



LDPR's Kelly Brewer shares her experience while attending TBEX 2011 on behalf of the agency.

Despite a crushing loss by the Vancouver Canucks in game 7 of the Stanley Cup, I’m still remembering the city fondly. I was in Vancouver to attend TBEX 2011. This was my first time attending the conference and I was looking forward to finally meeting some of the bloggers that LDPR has been working with for awhile. And of course it was great to see familiar faces, including both current and former clients! I think we can officially say that social media continues to be a key aspect of our industry so I enjoyed hearing panels on how best to work with bloggers while speaking candidly on measurement and ROI. As fellow publicists discussed how they determined success in social media, I think we all appreciated hearing directly from the bloggers as well. We had a preview on a new database launching in the fall called TBEX Connect, which should better help us qualify the bloggers we work with. Watch this space for more on that! Jennifer Miner from The Vacation Gals (@JenniferMiner) also conducted a panel on SEO and I came away with better insight on this topic to share with our clients.

I was excited to see Vancouver for the first time so I made sure to explore the city. A walk along the sea wall not far from the Convention Center was absolutely beautiful. Yet despite my newfound love of the Pacific Northwest, I can’t help but get excited for TBEX 2012 at LDPR’s client Keystone, Colorado! I’m sure the Vail Resorts team won’t disappoint and TBEX extraordinaire Kim Mance (@KimMance) will arrange another fantastic conference. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LDPR

My photo
For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.