Friday, June 17, 2011
Just Back From...PRSA in San Antonio!
LDPR's Lorianne Lacey shares her experience while attending the PRSA Conference in San Antonio, Texas on behalf of the agency.
I recently had the privilege of traveling to San Antonio to attend the PRSA Travel and Tourism Conference on behalf of LDPR. After having made many an airline connection at various Texas airports (DFW, IAH, HOU) this was my first time actually stepping out into the state. San Antonio is a beautiful city rich in a culture influenced by Spanish missions. Its River Walk (created for when the city hosted The World’s Fair) is fun to stroll as you pass by the numerous restaurants and shops. It’s not surprising to hear serenades from several Mariachi bands over the course of a walk.
One of the key takeaways I learned was how important it is that the travel industry is “going mobile” (a pretty natural fit when you think about it!). More consumers are looking to their apps and mobile devices when booking travel stays. The majority of the business booked on these devices is for same-day stays, so it is very important that hotels and destinations have a presence in this space.
I also attended several panel discussions led by media experts to glean the latest industry trends. For spa travel, consumers are looking for more sustainable, local ingredients. The romance travel panel discussed the trend of “Encore Weddings” - big ceremonies, usually incorporating children, for second marriages.
It was a great opportunity to attend this conference and stay on top of current travel industry trends while meeting some interesting new colleagues ranging from one-person firms to large CVBs. Looking forward to starting the summer off with these new perspectives!
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- LDPR’s Meredith Phares recently returned from Vill...
- How Social Media Is Changing Paid, Earned & Owned ...
- Curtain Bluff Resort Offers Free Weddings this Jul...
- Just Back From...PRSA in San Antonio!
- LDPR Recognizes Dana Curatolo - Rising PR Star!
- Just Back From...TBEX in Vancouver!
- Just Back From...Montana!
- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island is a "Teenage Dre...
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2010 (52)