Monday, April 4, 2011
Piping in Scotland Week on the Highline in New York City
New Yorkers out for a morning stroll in the Highline Park this morning may have heard their Scottish calling. Led by local Scots-American bagpipers, three dancers -- Lydia Phillips, Heather Gehring, Emily Edwards -- from a New York based dance troupe floated above the city streets in traditional Gehring Dance while unraveling themselves from a Scottish tartan. The purpose: to usher in another year of Scotland Week in New York City.
Working with Festivals Edinburgh, and the city’s well-known Fringe Festival, this morning’s performers are just a handful of the many Scots and Scottish-Americans coming out for the week long festivities celebrating National Tartan Day on April 6.
"Festivals are one of the great reasons to visit Scotland in person, and we hope this morning’s beautiful performance gives New Yorkers a little taste of what they’ll see at our famous Fringe Festival in July” said Fiona Stewart of VisitScotland. “And there will be more to come from Scotland all around the city this week,” added Stewart.
Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDHQ319yTZk
For more information about traveling to Scotland, and Scotland Week, visit: www.cometoscotland.com
- For over 20 years LDPR has guided some of the world’s most prestigious travel brands through an evolving media landscape with creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm. We are a highly driven and innovative travel and lifestyle public relations agency based in New York City with a global roster of clients from destinations and tour companies to exclusive private islands, hotels and resorts. Our unique culture is defined by our collaborative and strategic approach to working with clients, media and our staff, leading to a strong partnership with measurable results.
- Just Back from.... Curtain Bluff in Antigua
- Adweek Names the Year’s Top Magazines
- PREFERRED HOTEL GROUP™ EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN ASI...
- NEW ALL-SUITE BOUTIQUE HOTEL OPENS IN BAL HARBOUR
- Travel on Your Own – But Never Alone with Abercrom...
- Curtain Bluff Resort in Antigua Hosts First-Annual...
- The art of selling art – putting it together
- Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, A Mother’s Day Tr...
- Discover the best of Jackson Hole with “Experience...
- Forget April in Paris: April in SoHo is Suite
- Head to Melbourne for the 2011 President’s Cup
- Preferred Hotel Group Welcomes Eight New Members T...
- Piping in Scotland Week on the Highline in New Yor...
- Scotland Week 2011 – It’s almost here!
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2010 (52)